View Single Post
Old 12-17-2005, 06:13 PM

Default Re: some 5/10 full hands

[ QUOTE ]
too many hands, too jumbled.

hand 1: why are you 3betting? You should only be doign this if you're confident enough in your J and T outs to bet them if they hit. River bet is fine and won't work often but should work often enough to be worth it.

hand 2: fine whatever. That's the power of position. Doing anything else for you is fairly spewy.

hand 3: Good but I tend to just 3bet that flop to prevent him from checking behind on the turn. Also if he's on clubs he 3bets you on that turn and wouldn't that suck.

hand 4: I think you should calla river bet in hand 4, I don't know about your obsession with 3betting the flop with gutshot and marginal pair outs though. He's as tight as you say (so much so that you want to fold second pair on the river after that action) then your only outs are jacks and why even bother.

[/ QUOTE ]

Whenever I have a gutshot draw heads up, and I am checkraised. The standard line is usually to call one more and fold the turn unimproved. But If I believe that a 3 bet will get me a free card, then 3 betting becomes better than calling. So there are many situations where the hero should be 3 betting even with just a gutshot if he is up against the right opponent. Since the hero succeeded in getting his free card in both hands, I assumed he probably read the situation accurately, which is why i didnt initially comment on the play. Obviously if the Hero is always 3 betting with gutshots he will be spewing.
In hand four, the hero didnt give the action on the river, but I would call the river also, there are still somehands the hero is ahead of like any broken flushdraw.