View Single Post
Old 12-17-2005, 04:47 PM

Default Re: QQ Bet/call, donk/call, call

I can understand wanting to 3-bet the flop, but why do people want to 3-bet the turn? A tightish, passive-ish player has raised us twice after calling 2 cold after we 3-bet preflop. We are ahead/will suckout enough to call down easily, but I don't see much of a point in 3-betting the turn.

Anyway, I guess the issue in waiting or not is whether I can make worse odds for weak draws (if button has a gutshot or a pair/overcard or something) rather than ramming and jamming on a flop where my equity may not be that great. I only say that because, aside from some good draws that people are likely to have, I think even his flop raise is indicative of a good hand (I was thinking a set, JT, or AJ, a draw being less likely since he is acting right after me and you would think would often smooth call it), so I'm not ahead of him all that often and even when I am, I've got to dodge a lot of cards. So I just called and bet a blank turn. Once he raised again I figured him for two pair but AJ could be possible too, so anyway I called down and he had JT. Turns out the for a tightish player, he cold-called a lot. Weird.