View Single Post
Old 12-17-2005, 04:09 PM

Default Re: some 5/10 full hands

I think your play is fine on every street in every one of your hands. The one hand I wouldve played differently is the AA hand where you bet, he raised and you chose to call and go for the turn checkraise. I prefer 3 betting right away, the reason being is, there are alot of cards that can potentially kill your action on the turn. If the villain has a 88-QQ type hand, any A,K,Q,J on the turn could potentially kill your action. For example, lets say the villain has JJ, and you wait til the turn to checkraise, if a Queen hits the turn and you checkraise him, he may fold, and since he is drawing to just two outs this is bad for your hand, but if you'd 3 bet the flop, he wouldve surely called down. Or if a King or and Ace hits, the villain may check behind on the turn. For all these reasons, I prefer the 3bet flop/lead turn line, when somebody raises me on this kind of flop, and I believe the 3 bet/lead turn line will make more money in the long run than going for the turn checkraise.
If the flop had been Kxx and you bet and he raised, now I like waiting til the turn to checkraise since there are almost no cards that can ruin your play on the turn.