View Single Post
Old 12-17-2005, 03:35 PM

Default Re: Doyle\'s out

[ QUOTE ]

This is so unfortunate. I don't think this is in Bloch's list of arguments regarding WPT boycotts, but it sure as hell should be.

By the time it was 4 handed, it basically became a sit-and-go. I'm sure the players are grateful to the WPT for helping to increase the prize pools, but it's ludicrous that you should have to play pushbot poker when the difference in prize money between 6th and 1st is more than 1.8 million.

[/ QUOTE ]

Paul Phillips is done with WPT for that reason. I'm kind of surprised more pros haven't come out against it, especially with so many other $10k tournaments as alternatives.

It's almost comical. In this Five Diamond main event, you have an amazingly good structure to determine spots 7th through 555th, and then when you have two-third of the prize pool on the line, to be distributed among the final six, it turns into a turbo SNG, all because the WPT guys want to go home early. They can't be bothered to work a full day, it's only a meager $6 million dollar tournament after all..