View Single Post
Old 12-17-2005, 12:39 PM

Default Re: 30-60 stud8 leveraging a low on 4th

[ QUOTE ]
I really don't like the third street action here Jon. I would just call when he limp reraises. Very unlikely that you are getting the 2 Seat out and you have a one way hand. I would check call fourth. With as much money as there is in there, I doubt the 8 seat is folding, plus it is very possible that seat 8 has a concealed high hand or even trips.

[/ QUOTE ]

I must tend to agree with you here. The 3-bet really screwed me here. I made the pot too big, and thus I removed any leverage I would have on 4th street. If 4th street has 1 opponent catch a baby and 1 catch a brick, I can always arrange for the bricked opponent to face 2 bets cold, I can either check, and wait for the nice board to bet, and then raise. Or I can bet out into a nice board and hopes he raises immeditately. Either way, I can arrange for the busted board to face 2 cold. But when I balloned the pot on 3rd this leverage I had went down the crapper because as Blumpkin said, he may just call 2 cold anyway.

I will say that I'm not too scared about rolled 6s, pocket Ks or pocket As. The 3 to a low flush is mathematically the biggest option by far here.

Anyway, by going ape on 3rd I drastically reduced my ability to engineer a scoop. This was a fun lesson to learn.

In the hand I check called 4th and 3 flush boy caught the K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] And I was done. He had 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

The other guy had a non premium low draw