View Single Post
Old 12-17-2005, 08:32 AM

Default Re: What\'s your typical pre-flop line with AK facing a min-raise behin

[ QUOTE ]
still looking for more feedback / discussion, trying to define my standard line.

Currently I'd say i'm 70% call 30% push as a standard line, but I'm wondering if that needs adjustment.

Calling then check/folding no ace or king feels too weak overall but thats often the no-read line I'm taking OOP here.

[/ QUOTE ]
Your stack here is a little too large to come over the top with AK after the minreraise. I would always call.

Against an unknown player, I'd guess he has AA/KK/QQ around 60% of the time, and since we have one ace and one king, break that down further to 15% AA, 15% KK, 30% QQ. The other 40% of the time he'll either have a decent hand like AK/AQ/JJ or he'll be fooling around with small pocket pairs or suited connectors.

If the flop comes king-high, I'm not going to bet or raise, but just hope that Villain's bets are small enough that I can call them.

If there's no ace, king, or queen on the flop, probably just check-fold although the pot is small enough that betting out (and folding to a raise) is also an option.