Thread: Was I stupid?
View Single Post
Old 12-17-2005, 03:58 AM

Default Re: Was I stupid?

You weren't idiotic to call the 3-bet. It's iffy (and I'm being generous) to call two cold with your hand getting 7½-2 (assuming UTG+1 calls one back to him). But when it comes back to you for one more, you're looking at 17-1. That's as easy as calls get.

On the flop, even if you don't count 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] or Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] as any part of an out, you've got six clean outs and 20-1 odds. Easy call. SB's checkraise is troublesome, though. Back to you it's 25-1.

The turn is more interesting. Now it's 17-2 with an SB 3-bet an almost-certainty, so figure 22-3 total odds. That's just over 7-1 odds and not quite enough to call for the straight. But given that we're only counting six outs, and all of them for the nuts, partial outs and implied odds more than give that back to you if these guys continue going crazy on the river.

The river brings one of the cards you didn't necessarily want, but you're right, you have to call the first bet. After it comes back two more to you, I'd throw up in my mouth a little and call, but I'm a wuss who can't bear letting go of the second nuts. (Edit: guess it's the fourth nuts, if you want to get technical.)

MP1 has a flush, maybe A/4. SB was psycho from the beginning, so if he didn't have J/J+ then he had A/J. Or he had tarot cards. You did say he was unpredictable.