View Single Post
Old 12-16-2005, 11:08 PM

Default Re: By Hooks or by crook

[ QUOTE ]
Why not fold preflop? Putting in four bets preflop to win 12 is awful and you have tons to make up postflop when you flop a set; I suspect if you don't flop a set you're going to end up losing money even in these situations where you catch "good" flops with no overcards, because with 3 raises even against two rotten players there's a good chance there's a bigger pocket out there.

Call me weak/tight but I think I fold AKo and JJ in this spot in the SB. If another player was in I'd be OK with it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you are ignoring the reads on 2 of the 3 opponents. Folding JJ here PF is ridiculous. Even if the Tag has us beat PF, the donks are putting in lots of extra bets that significantly improve our implied odds. I think the flop raise is fine, it is most likely for value and if it pushes out an opponent or two, all the better.

I would just call down the turn. You really have no idea where you stand in this hand and can't fold, but you don't want to be spewing chips if you are behind. Just get to showdown as cheaply as possible unless a J falls.