View Single Post
Old 12-16-2005, 08:44 PM

Default Vulnerable Two-Pair on Flop and Turn

Party Poker 8 handed $.5-$1 limit HE
Just sat down, no reads - but these guys are your typical loose passive low limit party players.

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">

MP1 limps, I'm in MP2 and I limp, and CO and Button limp, SB folds.

Flop: T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>

BB bets, MP1 calls, I raise to knock out any draws the CO or Button might have.

Turn: 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>

Hand still vulnerable, BB and MP1 both check, I bet (should I wait for river to wait for non-scare card, THEN bet?) CO and Button both fold, BB raises, MP1 folds, and I call the raise.

River: 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

BB bets, I call.

Final Pot:

I'm just wondering how to play a strong hand on the flop or turn, but a very vulnerable one. What is normally the best approach to such situations and should I have called the turn check raise from MP1? If there was only two to the club draw on the flop what would be the best approach?