View Single Post
Old 12-16-2005, 08:23 PM

Default Re: Never Called Down With King High Before

I think the call-down is okay.
The number of times he shows UI 93o will be very high.

Calling-down is especially strong if you've laid down a few times to his aggression the past few hands...thus he's just trying to 'bluff you out' of every pot....this is how many hyper-aggressive fish think....and, in fact, many actually DO think, just badly.

On some of the AK call-downs I've made on boards like this I've been shown 32o or something similar.
In fact, even calling-down with middle-pair or something in the face of aggression I've been shown MUCH weaker than a busted-draw before. It happens.

If they think they can push you out they'll try it.

There are negatives however:
1. it's not THAT much +EV on this particular hand. There are certainly better spots where you can win more money against this guy.

2. successfully calling him down when he's showing a worse hand can have the dangerous effect of actually SLOWING HIM DOWN and getting him to play more correctly (particularly post-flop). I've seen this happen several times when I've made decent call-downs with 22 and unimproved AK or something.
He will try to bluff at you less often...although you can look at the positive side of this (that he will get out of the way to your aggression when you are only on a draw or something) I typically prefer for loose-ag players to keep on playing as loosely and aggressively as possible.

Overall I think it's a decent call-down...but I'm less and less sure about some of the meta-game ramifications these days.