View Single Post
Old 12-16-2005, 04:41 PM

Default Re: Multitabling....necessary?

[ QUOTE ]
To the 4 tablers of 6max:

Do you're reads suck? I mean, after 15 minutes play i expect to have atleast 3-4notes made(1each for 4guys or 4on one guy). It takes time to write these shorthanded and check the logs for muckedhands or what happened preflop if i forget.

Can you seriously do this? I can already see windows flashing and annoying beeps going off then the horrid "IM BACK" button appearing having posted your blinds [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img].

Just wondered... I figure you're notes must suck expect for the very experienced players.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi Pokher-

Have you tried turning off the sounds? I find the beeping on the tables puts me more on tilt than losing hands or anything else, so I went into windows and disabled all my alert sounds. That way I can still have winamp running without being tilted by my 15 second alert at party.

I've only missed one key hand like this; I had aces after a particularly brutal run of 5/10, I was shortstacked with 2.1 bb in front of me, and I was tilting, I , ahem, threw a bottle on my desk across the room and it smashed into the side of the wall as my opponent raised me on the turn, I put in my last big bet (so I thought) got out of my chair to pick up the bottle and clean up the mess, and came back to my computer to realize, the horror: I still had .1 BB left. I reached for the mouse just as the timer hit 0. Goodbye aces! Goodbye 5BB pot!

Yeah. But other than that, I like turning off alerts :-)