Thread: AJo in the CO
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2005, 01:32 PM

Default Re: AJo in the CO

I like the turn raise idea here, but am I the only one that's worried that BB might have a better hand than ours? For this play to work, we have to not only have button holding AK, but for him to fold it. In addition, BB has to have some weird hand like KJ/KQ/QJ/J9/A9 for us to be able to win UI if a brick falls on the river. If button has TT+ he is probably 3-betting the turn, at which point we may have 3 A outs at best for a 15-1 shot. We can call or fold then.

If we don't raise the turn, then obviously we fold it. Personally, I would have folded PF. The way the hand played, I would have folded the turn. There's a good chance that button himself is waiting for the turn to raise, in addition to the fact that we may be badly beaten by crazy BB.

I think this play depends also on how button perceives our play. If he sees us as a real TAG, he may lay down his AK a good percentage of the time. The turn raise is a great play, but I would only do it if I had a decent made hand like middle pair that I felt was ahead of BB, and raising would force button to fold a better hand. Here we have nothing but A high, so we would have to win unimproved.