View Single Post
Old 12-16-2005, 01:26 PM

Default Re: Strategic Question, what to do with A-K facing a reraise???

Although I don't have Pokertracker yet, I can confidently say that, until recently, I lost more money with A-Ko than with any other pocket cards. they look cool, but are still a drawing hand (barring winning a pot with Ace hi, which won't be much of a pot anyway). The info I have heard is that a re-raise almost always means a pocket pair, and most-likely a high one. Using this theory, at best you were in a race, with approx a 47% chance of winning. At worst, he held A-A or K-K, meaning your were dominated. Early in my poker days (which wasn't very long ago) I played A-Ko almost like a pocket pair. I have recently reined things in a abit, and usually want to see the flop fairly cheaply with this hand. Usually a raise, but nothing huge. If I miss the flop, I lean towards folding to any kind of big bet or raise, because now I only have two cards remaining with the hopes of hitting one of my 6 potential outs. Of course this all depends on position, reads, and other info gathered, but that's generally how I do it. Oh ya, I suck, so don't listen to me.