View Single Post
Old 12-16-2005, 01:25 PM

Location: Poker is like sex, I have no idea what I am doing and most of the time it is done sitting infront of a computer by myself-NC
Default Re: Building Traffic to a Poker Website

we have absolutely zero objection to this sort of post, nor should anything in the sticky or events suggest that.

for the post:

building traffic to websites is the backbone of the internet economy and its what most sites spend the majority of their money doing. you can play with optimization, and getting your site to come up on search engines, this can be done without expense and only by researching and applying what you learn. i know that john from RRR is very adept at optimization and maybe he would want to chime in on some important things to consider/do.

now, who are you trying to get to your website? rakeback players, where do you find them? advertising space is expensive, but also crucial if you want to expand your business.

i have recently gone into other poker related websites, and wanted to reach a broader audience of poker players. we(inthacup) researched popular sites among college students and we bought some ad space. a few havent paid off at all [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] but a few have and it all balances out.

i think a good way to tackle traffic is starting from step one, who are you trying to get to your site? where are they currently? how can i get them from there to me? cross market, buy space on a bittorrent site(dont know if that exists, just ideas) but what else are poker players doing on the web, where they may not have encountered some of the services you offer.

all that costs money. but you can buy cheap space to test the waters and go from there. unfortunately, there is no free way to make a lot of money......