Thread: I suck at 10/20
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2005, 11:29 AM

Default Re: I suck at 10/20

I'm not sure I like the river bet. He's aggressive enough to bet any 6 or 7 and kooky enough to bet any two overcards or even an underpair on the river if checked to. I hate to get raised in this spot on the river having to pay two bets. Furthermore, betting the river may force him to fold a weaker hand. Granted he'll call with some beaten made hands, but I think he's more likely to bet those beaten made hands as well as bluff other hands when checked to. I like checking this river and inducing bluffs/bets from weaker/beaten hands.

Anyway, given the way the hand played out, I think you can fold the river. I don't think its 50/50. Raising the turn often represents the T, raising the river often means he has it...far more than 50/50. Yeah he can be kooky, but I think that's more of a reason to check/call the river because you clearly don't want to fold to a river raise here and get pushed out of the pot, nor do you want to pay 2BB to see the river. I would probably call some of the time, fold others. You don't have a ton of hands on him, so it may be worth the info to see if he'll bluff raise the river with a worse hand. Majority of the time, I'd fold.