Thread: I can't win.
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2005, 10:52 AM

Default Re: I can\'t win.

Just looking really quickly at your stats, I can see a couple things that jump out at me. First, you should play more hands. 16% of hands seems a bit tight to me playing 1/2, 2/4 and 5/10. I'd shoot to get that number up more towards 18%. Look for value-creating opportunities you can get into the pot with.

Also, I'm sure people will say this as well, but steal blinds more and defend yours as well.

Finally, the one number that jumps out at me is your flop aggression factor. 3.95 just seems extremely high. That number should be in the high 2's to very low 3's. You may be wasting a lot of bets on continuation bets on the flop after preflop raises when the flop doesn't hit you.

Look at this thread to compare the ranges that your statistics should most likely lie.

I've found that you won't improve by only giving advice, even if it is the correct advice. Take each session seriously, and write down any hands that you question the way you played, regardless of the result. It could be 2 hands, 20, or 200...post them all up here and get other sets of eyes on your plays. You will learn much more when you can relate to the hands, and what better way to relate than with your own hands.

It's tough and lots of work, but it's never too late to get better.