View Single Post
Old 12-16-2005, 10:07 AM

Default Re: Estimating opponent call ranges

I remember Raptor saying once that as you gain experience you just start to "know" when they will call your pushes and when they won't. Not very helpful, but, although I haven't by any means reached that point, I can see how that starts to happen. I think I get a little bit better at this every time I play an SNG.

What I don't get is how in the world anyone can get reads when 8-tabling. I struggle to get reads at 4-tables, but do get some. When I 8-table, I'm basically playing on formula.

I remember Gigabet once wrote that in order to be an expert player you have to be able to pay attention to every hand of every table when MTing. Holy cow, I can't imagine how anyone can do this.

Baz, FWIW I have moved up to the $22s and $33s lately because I hit on a relatively large $33 MTT, finishing second, so my BR shot up. I'm rolled for these levels now, but have had very mixed results. I was spoiled by how easy it was to generate a 20+ ROI at the $11 level, and anyone who says the $22s and $33s are not more difficult than the $11s should put down the crack pipe.