View Single Post
Old 12-15-2005, 11:29 PM

Default Re: Chased, caught, cool?

[ QUOTE ]
Found myself at a higher limit than I usually played but wanted the challenge and the tables I wanted to play were empty.

[/ QUOTE ]

Reminds me of the time I took the open $30/60 hold'em seat while waiting for a seat in the $4/8 stud/8 game....

You don't chase flushes in stud. A reasonably live three-card flush is usually a good enough starting hand. A four-flush on fourth street is usually a very strong hand and should be treated as such. For that matter, flush draws are pretty strong in limit hold'em. They're dangerous in NLHE, though. Get 7CS4AP.

Calling third is fine. You simply have to bet out on fourth. You have a strong hand, and the other guys have pretty weak boards. You will make your flush something like 50% of the time, and it will be good most of the time. You have secondary possibilities, like you might make Aces or Aces up, which add value to your hand. Betting now may set you up to buy the pot later. Checking here is just hopelessly weak. I would usually continue betting on fifth, and what I did on sixth would depend in part on whether both of my opponents were still in. With only one opponent, I would be more inclined to continue betting, even without a pair, in the hopes of setting up a river bluff should the need arise. With two opponents, a bluff becomes a lot less attractive.

Did you use a converter? I'm just curious because it's formatted differently from what we're used to, and I didn't think that there was anything else out there. I notice that a couple of cards didn't get changed, so I'm guessing you did it by hand. There is a converter linked in the FAQ, greenage's profile, and pretty much every hand that gets posted. I like the format of greenage's converter better than this. I think it's easier to read, and it's what I'm used to at any rate. In any case, it's a hell of a lot faster than doing it by hand.