View Single Post
Old 12-15-2005, 09:12 PM

Default I call too much on the flop

Sorry if this seems like a really boring hand. I'm posting because I realized recently that I've taken the whole "loose flop call" idea too far - sometimes I just automatically call when I bet the flop and get raised, without really thinking it through.

Its a mid-afternoon game and the table is full of regulars and off-duty dealers (ones who know how to play). Most players are solid but aren't playing their A-game - everyone's playing a bit more loose-passive, "friendly" game. The only mistaken that I'm seeing made consistently is cold-calling too much.

The specific players are mostly unknown, but are all at least somewhat thinking. We're 8 handed at the moment.

PF Hero is UTG with T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
<font color="red">Hero raises</font>, 2 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, LP folds, Button calls, SB folds, BB calls.

Flop (5 players, 10.5 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
<font color="red">hero bets</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, button folds, <font color="red">BB raises</font>, Hero...