View Single Post
Old 12-15-2005, 08:11 PM

Default Re: Hand from Bellagion 5 Diamond

[ QUOTE ]
Firstly, she folded KK on a dry board before. Secondly, gigabet has been playing passively against her before and they have mutual respect for eachother. Third, they the two bigstacks on the table.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just because she folded KK on a dry board before, doesn't mean she's going to fold AA, or TPTK, here.

[ QUOTE ]
Tell me what would be your way to uncover what she might be holding? The stacks arent deep enough for this, and gigabet chose a good percentage play that would win him a lot of chips quite often.

[/ QUOTE ]

If gigabet wants to represent a hand that beats AA, that beats TPTK, and make it seem like he "obviously" has it, do his actions really paint that piture? Would he have really played A6, 22, AA, or any other hand that has her beat the way he did preflop? Isn't that the issue? He thinks she'll fold AA and AK, but why?

I am not criticizing gigabet here. I've tried many times to execute plays like this in crucial spots/big pots in tournaments and then gone back to realize the way I set up the play didn't make enough sense to work. I think this is one of those spots where his combined actions don't work together well enough to get villain off of the hands gigabet thinks she will fold.

I believe there are problems with the hand that run deeper than, Oops, I ran into the nuts.