Thread: 25NL 2 folds
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2005, 07:08 PM

Default Re: 25NL 2 folds

Is this the same villain in both hands?

Personally, I think there's a good chance he's full of poo.

Hand 1- I would have to know he's a complete idiot to, first off, call all the way down with an 8 and, second, to over bet. Though he could be an idiot in general... why doesn't he want to get value off you if he thinks he has the nuts? Unless he knows someone's dumb enough to call with crap, who's going to call a $21 bet for a $6 pot. If he has it, he's either tricky or a moron (there's a fine line)... I'm leaning more towards he knows you have him beat and he's getting you to fold.

Hand 2... who the hell knows? My first guess is he was either slowplay a set or 2 pair OR he's overbetting a draw (be it hearts or diamonds). Then I started to think he might have been playing 3-5 and he's afraid of the flush draws. Regardless of what he actually has, your less then 50% bet on the river demonstrates weakness and he's going to take it from you.

I would have reraised on the turn.

Is this the same guy in both hands? I think his bets are out of proportion to what he thinks you'll call which makes me think he's bluffing a lot. Was he doing this all the time? If so.. were there ever any showdowns?