View Single Post
Old 12-15-2005, 06:20 PM

Default Re: Near the end of my brief Online career -Whine

Fair comments and I appreciate them. I'm around 10k hands.

Don't understand the Weak-Tight comment though. Were you referring to my not slow-playing sets? Every book I've read says that's a bad play except occasionally in very uncoordinated flops. Not that it mattered, because I lost with most of them anyway, playing them aggressively.

Haven't seen any "Swings" yet, just losses. I started playing .25/.50 but wasn't making progress against the bonus. Moved up to .50/1.00 and then Absolute changed their raked-hand requirements from .25 to .50, which was nearly impossible to clear at that level. Moved to 1/2 to clear the bonus, which I did in about a week. Briefly tried 3/6 and had some success, but knew I didn't have the BR to continue.

As far as the $95 BR, I don't really look at it like that. I played break-even poker and cleared the $190 bonus. So my problems actually started when I had nearly a $300 BR...not optimal for 1/2, but seemed to be adequate.

I think a 150 BB downturn is significant.

I didn't mean this thread to be "Oh, poor me, look at my bad luck". Yes I've had some bad luck, but I'm not sure that with the tightness + rake of these games, that they can be very profitable, even if my luck changes.