View Single Post
Old 12-15-2005, 06:16 PM

Default Re: Why the war on drugs will never be won

[ QUOTE ]
Many people infact succumb to their depression with alcohol and in rare cases even commit suicide. And infact alcohol can consume one's life and ruin it as well, but that is a different story.

[/ QUOTE ]
You need to explain this one to us. What makes alcohol worse? Your reasoning for why drugs should be illegal is very similar to the arguments used by those in favor of Prohibition and I think we all know how well that worked out.

[ QUOTE ]
Again this is entirely ignorant to not only common sense but to empirical evidence as well. Just look at countries like the Netherlands who have legalized pot and seen pot use among even 10 years olds increase 300+%. Well, at least Needle Park is open and thriving.

[/ QUOTE ]
I have already pointed out that underage drinking is rampant. Is that a good reason to outlaw alcohol? Why not? Shouldn't the parents of these 10 year olds know where their kids are and what they're doing?

[ QUOTE ]
Murder for hire is a very demanded service in both the US and the world. Who are you to tell someone how to run their business? By illegalizing it, you limit its supply and drive up profits for hitmen, providing them financial incentive.

[/ QUOTE ]
Drug use is consensual. Murder is not. They are not comparable.

[ QUOTE ]
And drug users never hurt other people against their will? Clearly you know very little of drugs and their effects.

[/ QUOTE ]
If drug users should not be exempt from laws against hurting others. Like I said to BluffTHIS!, the laws against drunk driving should also apply to drugs if they're legalized. Drug users may hurt others while using. If so, throw the book at them and get them counseling. Why do you feel you have any right to restrict the freedom of other people?