View Single Post
Old 12-15-2005, 05:23 PM

Default Re: Near the end of my brief Online career -Whine

[ QUOTE ]
I've been playing online (Absolute) for about a month. I deposited $95 and was basically able to play break-even (1/2 Limit) to earn my $180 bonus.

[/ QUOTE ]

First off, you got very lucky here. That's not nearly enough to play 1/2 and weather an even modest downturn. So don't go complaining about your luck - you dodged a bullet here.

[ QUOTE ]

Had the account up to $285 and now after a brutal week and a half, have only $21 left.

[/ QUOTE ]

Many, many experienced players have gone broke this way. You should have played lower and recognized, as you slid, that you needed to move down to survive.

[ QUOTE ]

During this time I've reread SSHE and started up PokerTracker to see if it's me or just bad luck. According to PT, my two biggest losing hands are AKs and KQs.

[/ QUOTE ]

How many hands? Not many, I reckon. It's just poor luck.

[ QUOTE ]

I can't win with a set, ever. I don't slow-play my big hands because I get outdrawn almost every time. My most costly made hands are sets, including Aces. My monster hands either win me the blinds or cost me a fortune.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's weak-tight talk borne of some bad luck smacking you in the head. You need to step back and think about what you just said. If you don't understand what I'm saying, then you need to do more studying.

[ QUOTE ]

I know...whine, whine, whine, but I just don't see this ever working. I've been playing live for 2 years 10/20 limit and 1/2 NL, and have been successful.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then you should understand the typical swings you will experience. Especially when playing weak-tight on a short bankroll.

[ QUOTE ]

Fold, fold, fold...monster...broke. This is the pattern.

[/ QUOTE ]

Funny thing about people. We love to see patterns - WHERE THERE ARE NONE. Know what I mean?

[ QUOTE ]

I'll bleed off the rest of my feeble stack tonight and then it's goodbye to Online poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

Perhaps that's for the best. I'm not trying to be facetious or unkind, but it's entirely possible that online poker is not for you. If not, count yourself lucky for recognizing it with only a $95 loss.

Regards,

T