View Single Post
Old 12-15-2005, 02:11 PM

Default Re: wow... i thought about this all wrong

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Pot is at 23.25, and it's 8.9 to call.
So, 1:2.6

[/ QUOTE ]
Not a big thing, but if we are calling, we might as well raise BB all in for his last 4 dollars. In that case, the pot is 27.25 and you must call 12.9. You're getting 2.11 to 1 and you need a 32.13% chance of winning the hand to call.

[ QUOTE ]
Now, suppose BB didn't call... should hero still call the all-in?

[/ QUOTE ]
I think we should be thinking about BB calling because that complicates things.

I think this is definitely a clear flop push, but its not always going to be as pretty as everyone thinks. Up against A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] would lower our equity to 15.17. However, against their ranges of hands, you definitely have enough equity to call.

[/ QUOTE ]
This was my point. I think I should have called/pushed but I didnt think both my draws were clean. If BB had not cold called, i would have insta called. This was exactly the kind of flop I wanted to get, but then the action convinced me I was behind/way behind a made hand, and may have been up against a draw that would be the nuts. Live and learn.
I also think preflop was ugly. I don't know why I got so passive/ I didn't pay close attention to SB stack.
Anyways, SB was on straight draw with KJo no hearts and BB had QTo with no hearts. So both by draws were good and I puked when the K came on river.