Thread: A9o
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2005, 11:58 AM

Default Re: A9o

i disagree. the best case scenario is what actually happened in the hand.. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

i thought the PF raise was probably a bad idea but there were so many extremely tight players on the table (vpip < 17) that i'd loosen up my PF game a bit. i def wasn't going to limp here, so i raised.

the c/r off the flop was probably ill-advised, but i figured at the point my Ace was clean and I still had OESD. the villain's 3 bet indicated high pp, and at WORST i'm behind a set. call would probably better.. but i thought i had enough odds to peel even if i was re-raised. do i?

turn- at this pt, i think my top pair's probably good. but i figured, he has AK, QQ-AA and my chances are good enough (and the villain aggressive enough) that i'm not exposing myself to bet/fold line. if i'm up, i can induce a semi-bluff him. if i'm down, i'm saving myself a bet for the river.

river- bet/fold here is no good. i'm getting over 8 to 1 with top pair that's probably good.

i think besides the suspect PF play, my turn's the most questionable.. can somebody explain to me why betting out here's better?