View Single Post
Old 12-15-2005, 10:58 AM

Default Re: a hand youll all probably hate

umm maybe its because Im a fish, but I see nothing wrong with this hand. Basically w/ your flush (if thats all the outs u have) puts any bet u put in on the flop as neutral, 3 in and you are getting at least 35 percent equity. So say u pull this move and the TP actually folds his AK, KQ, etc. U boost your equity up 13 percent if not more...so instead of 35 u are boosted to almost 50 percent to take this down (if TP did actually have u dominated). Sometimes he might fold the A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] that could on occasion bd you. Not to mention, your outs to an 8 could very well be good here as well.

Let me know if my thinking is off here. But the move seems solid to me, I think even if the raiser has u beat, and he may not, u have a good amount of outs.

EDIT: forgot to account for the fact if he is folding a K, u have one less out then I thought. Also, your 3bet could scare the crap out of your unknown and he could make a bad fold. Imo, he probably has 55-99 (as well as other possible hands for sure...overs, smaller heart draw, etc). By just calling u decide to give up any chance of winning the pot outside of u hitting one of your outs. I think u increase your equity in a decent sized pot, and u take the pot down a certain percentage of the time u would not have been able had u just decided to play your odds and call.