View Single Post
Old 12-15-2005, 08:23 AM

Default Re: What is wrong with Party?!?!?!?!

[ QUOTE ]
It's been many months since I've checked out the PokerEdge website and I'm taken aback that so many people are still using this product. There are many posters who have indicated they have received an identical warning and they all tell the same story: I was playing at Party and just opened Pokeredge to 'check my own stats,' when I received this horrible message.

Pokeredge is clearly banned at Party Poker, Pokerstars, etc. Read the TOS and read it often; your online bankroll might appreciate it. Also, use some common sense and delete your cookies and internet temp files.

I would rather the sites err on the side of caution and not speculate as to why people utilize banned software. The only important consideration is that the poster admits he A) Went to a cheat site, whose software is clearly banned. B) Utilized the banned software, even if in a limited capacity.

The moral of the story is that the forbidden fruit has worms in it. Resist the urge to devour it but if you can't, at least try to clean up the mess you leave behind.

As far as I'm concerned, people who still Pokeredge are no better than people than people who use bots or collude over the telephone. They have demonstrated they think they're above the law so to speak (or incredibly stupid). And yes, many will plead ignorance and say they didn't know better. And like the motorist who claims he didn't know the speed limit was 55 mph when driving 68 mph, ignorance of the law does not grant one immunity from its consequences. Party Poker, like a generous traffic officer, offers the offender a warning the first time they speed. But when the cocky motorist persists in reckless driving, they send them before the judge who reads them the law (the TOS is this instance) and delivers the penalty.

JeffreyREBT "Wherein I don't promise to make you rich without trying, or even trying very hard; I do promise to say things that will make you FEEL rich."

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you not understand that after they sent out a warning to me I stayed 100% clear of that website, and as I have mentioned, the software had been uninstalled long before it. Ok, warn me for going to the website, but how can I be banned for doing nothing more than that?