View Single Post
Old 12-15-2005, 01:22 AM

Default Re: i give a free card w/ KQ and fold teh ribber w/ top two on lame board

Hi Miles-

You seem like a really great poster and I think your brain was just out to lunch on this hand. First of all, when you're raised on the flop, shouldn't you either be a) 3-betting or b) donking the turn to stop a free card (unless the turn is an ace or maybe a spade.) ?

So, the king comes and makes your hand better. Seeing as you were probably going to bet anyway (I assume), why would you give a possible free card when your hand gets stronger? Two pair is obviously a vulnerable holding and while I know you wanted to check raise, I don't like it. Neither would aggroHushposter, if he were commenting on this thread :-).

You can't fold this river after the lack of strength you showed on the turn. I don't think I'm folding this river ever for one bet. He could have had QT or something and improved to two pair on the river.

I don't get what's wrong with the site either, except that you misclick with the software. People aren't respecting your raises? Is that a bad thing? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]