Thread: 98s.
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2005, 12:05 AM

Default Re: 98s.

[ QUOTE ]
I don't see how you can both put him on a "good hand" on the flop, which I don't consider a small overpair to be, while putting him on a different holding as the hand progresses.

[/ QUOTE ]

This was what I was getting at. If you don't adjust your reads as the hand progresses you'll get yourself in trouble. Don't get married to a hand, or a read.
On the flop a tight player bet in a multiway flop on an all low card flop. Right there I want to maximize value from a set because it's very likely he has that hand. You made a just under pot raise and the villian calls. Now it really doesn't look he has a set, wouldn't a set 3bet here to insure action from two pair, and to protect against a semibluffing type hand? Now the turn, he bets small when the board pairs. Sure this could be a boat, but it's also likely that he is making a pseudo blocking bet with 88 again to defend against your possible blocking bet on the river. Now he bets again on the river, you're getting a good price in a pot where your hand is (justly) underrepresented. So I say again I like a call.

-SmileyEH