View Single Post
Old 12-14-2005, 10:05 PM

Default Re: ($2000) L1, AK TPTK facing minraise

I agree w/ most of your analysis, thanks.
My plan was to call flop and fold to her push on the turn (if she pushes). Like everyone said, there is a strong possibility for her to be just taking a shot at me w/ that minraise (although I do not think she is good enough to be that tricky to take a shot on an ACE High flop if that makes any sense) - I do not have a strong read, so folding was not a consideration. However, I felt that if she does push/bet turn, I am less than a 2:1 favourite to have her beat and a fold is correct - any comments?

I definitely agree we should not be folding here a majority of the time or else I would be taking a shot here against the PFR everytime (If you are laying down AK w/ A on the flop, you will be also laying down AQ/KK/QQ/JJ/TT, so taking a shot at such a weaktight pfr is hugely +EV).

The other questions I had were just out of curiosity to see what times, if any, would you lay down AK TPTK HU early in a SNG. I guess the conclusion is never given the shallow stacks.

As to the hand, I called and the turn was a K (non heart) and I knew I am not going away now. Once she checked the turn I knew I was golden (very unlikely for her to check a set there), I pushed and she called w/ A4 and my hand held up.

Thanks for all the responses and any additional comments are welcome,
f