View Single Post
Old 12-14-2005, 08:57 PM

Default Re: ($2000) L1, AK TPTK facing minraise

MTT wisdom says to avoid donking off your stack with TPTK early in a tournament. However, this isn't a MTT, stacks are really too shallow for much maneuvering and this is a pair of aces(so overpairs are not possible). UTG range is really hard to narrow down here. What she has done is narrowed your range. If your PF raising range was something typically tight like TT+ and AQ+, you are probably c-betting here 90% of the time. You either have an ace or you go away. Her min-raise now has you laying down most of your PF raising range. Hell, you're considering laying down AK some portion of the time. She could have a set, another ace, KQ of hearts, a goofy 2 pair, any pocket pair or complete air. The stacks are too shallow to play TPTK weakly here. If you had a really strong read that Villain is not capable of making a play then maybe you can fold. From what you've given I would say Villain has a little gamble in her.

Another thought: If villain can beat TPTK, why would she take the lead from you here? She's not afraid of a flush draw with the suited Ace on the board is she? If she has top two pair you have 3 outs, top and bottom gives you 6 outs. Everything about her raise smells bad to me. If I go broke here then so be it.

I think a better question would be how deep do stacks have to be in order to get away from TPTK(aces or kings). I think they have to be almost twice this deep before I can do it.