Thread: 150-300 PAYOFF
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2005, 08:09 PM

Default Re: 150-300 PAYOFF

[ QUOTE ]
I was planning to checkraise the turn. 4 betting the flop and leading the turn is clearly better. And if called maybe check-raising the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is easy to tell from your flop line that you were planning a turn check-raise. My point was simply that her flop 3-bet in this particular situation very clearly means to me that she wants to check behind on the turn. In retrospect that is obvious to anyone, but you are definitely a good enough player that you should have known it during the hand (maybe you did know it subconsciously and just chose to ignore it). Because you knew or should have known she would check behind on the turn once she 3-bet the flop, the correct play very obviously becomes to 4-bet the flop and lead the turn. Even if there is a small chance she wasn't going to check the turn, by going for the flop call and turn checkraise you are going to miss 1.5 BBs a huge percentage of the time, and you are only going to gain .5 BB a small percentage of the time when the turn checkraise does work. So I think it is clear what should have been done.