Thread: 150-300 PAYOFF
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2005, 05:31 PM

Default Re: 150-300 PAYOFF

I think that if the button and blinds are all pretty tight, Mimi raising K3s in the CO can be +EV, and I don't think its automatically a bad play as some people in this thread seem to think. I like your smooth call preflop with AQ in the BB.

Just about everyone in the CO in this situation will auto-bet this flop, so I also like your checkraise. After that I think you played very oddly. In my mind, her 3-bet screams "I want a free turn!" If she had the other queen or a pretty big pair, I believe she would call your flop checkraise and then raise the turn, rather than 3-bet the flop, as it would earn her an extra half bet if you were the one drawing or if she put you on a smaller pair or A high. Because of this, I would have capped the flop and led the last two streets, or at the very least, donk-bet the turn after calling the flop 3-bet. Unless she flopped a boat (which she didn't), there is no way she has you beat here, and I wouldn't want to miss any bets if I were you, nor give her any free cards if she does have outs (which she did).