View Single Post
Old 12-14-2005, 02:33 PM

Default Re: December VIP offers

I too can't stand stupid/bad excuses.

My situation wasn't quite so bad.

Even though they were short in paying me I did actually get the Thanksgiving pop-up bonus thingee too so I actually got paid a little bit more than the original offer (because they accidentally sent me a 2nd offer I think).

Before that 2nd payment came in though (at which I point I stopped arguing) I had a few e-mails with Darren ALL of which were trying to convey to him that what I was told initially should be what Party stands by.
And it's like he's got his hands over his ears and is just saying, "But if we did it that way then that would be wrong."
Ummmm...Darren...if doing it that way is wrong for you guys then don't do it that way to begin with. That was the offer I received and you guys DID change the rules.

My last e-mail on this to them:

I understand you might be following company policy here or perhaps you are caught in the middle somewhat.
But I have still been wronged in this matter.

The offer that was extended to me was quite clear in this regard.
If I played hands amounting to 78% of the target then I would receive money that is equal to 78% of the incentive money.
There was no way that this could have been misunderstood yet you are trying to make it sound like your version was part of the deal all along (that if I failed to meet the target that Party could pay me less than the equivelent of the goal-money).

I was told that if I played 50% of the target I would get exactly 50% of the money. And if I played 75% of the target I would get 75% of the money...etc etc.

You may think that your way of going about the deal is appropriate but if the rules were changed (from the way it was explained to me) or the info I received was no longer accurate then I most certainly should have been notified.

I have a right to know the rules BEFORE spending a whole month pursuing the target and the goal-money....yet Party is changing these rules AFTER the fact.

I don't think this situation is terribly fair nor do I believe it reflects well on your company.

I know other Party VIP'ers who were told similarly as I was. They are equally upset that they have been under-paid from what they were told they were going to get.

If your company wishes to do it in the future the way that you are outlining then that's fine.
But for this month's terms I can only go by what I was told of how it would work...and that is quite different from what Party is telling me now.

Thanks for your attention in this matter.

I will base my decision on whether to continue to play at Party on your response to this situation (and possible remedy) as well as whatever offer I may be receiving for December (speaking of which...these offers are coming quite late aren't they? I would think Party would have wanted to send these out by now).

Thanks again,
xxxxxxxxxxx

Daniel's stellar response (which I'm still not sure I really understand...but maybe it's all tied in to that 'rake' stuff that everyone else is getting in responses):

Bob:
I am sorry you are still unhappy with the bonus we have given you.

We are not changing the rules, but you must understand the when the goals were set the offer that was made to you was based on you achieving that goal. By not meeting the stated goal we cannot be expected give you what would amount to an even greater bonus for less play.

Had you played a lesser number of hands but still achieved the projected activity level we would have been able to give you an equal percentage of the bonus.

I hope this makes sense, and I appreciate your understanding.

Thank you,
Daniel Wexler