View Single Post
Old 12-14-2005, 02:10 PM

Default Re: $22 Big Pairs 1st Level

I don't mind the PF raises at all. they are 3-4X the BB and isolated pretty well each time.

Hand 1: I think you have to let your rockets go here. The min. raise is suspicious and someone else is interested. At these limits, donkeys call preflop raises with QJ and a set is very possible as well. Not to mention, the Ace of hearts is probably not an out for you. Bad flop and action for aces, let em go.

Hand 2: Even though top set is a monster, I like a bigger bet on the flop to protect against the flush draw. Once the scare card comes, it's very tough. The call on the turn likely means a made flush that he is slow-playing as he could not call your flop bet with just the naked A-clubs. "Hero?" after the turn action doesn't make sense as he called and you get to see a river card???

Hand 3: This is the one hand I may be tempted to overplay. I don't think you can call his flop raise. Calling leaves you clueless on the turn I think I either push or fold to his reraise on the flop. This may deviate from typical WA/WB strategy, but calling essentially puts you in the same spot on the turn unless a Q falls.