Thread: 88
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2005, 12:37 PM

Default Re: 88

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, I saw the error of my ways pretty quickly. I hate raising the flop now, but I really dislike folding too. I'm convinced a peel is best.

[/ QUOTE ]
Well... I raised... and then continued spewing on the turn...

Preflop: Hero is SB with 8, 8.
3 folds, MP2 (Villian #1) calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO (Villian #2) raises</font>, 1 fold, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, 1 fold, MP2 (Villian #1) calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO (Villian #2) caps</font>, Hero calls, MP2 (Villian #1) calls.

Flop: (13 SB) 6, 5, J (3 players)
Hero checks, Villian #1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Villian #2 bets</font>,

<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Villian #1 calls, Villian #2 calls.

Turn: (9.50 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets...</font>

I think at the time I thought I was definitely ahead of Villian #2. If I wasn't he was smooth-calling the flop and waiting to raise the turn.

I also thought that Villian #1 would have to have a pretty good hand here to continue. I thought that he'd fear being trapped between me and Villian #2 if he called. I thought that the chance I'm still ahead of Villian #1 and the possibility that he'd fold a better hand (99/TT) were good enough to warrant a bet.

This was the last bet that I intended to put in the pot UI. Looking at this now - I'm pretty confident that I spew goot! [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]