View Single Post
Old 12-14-2005, 12:25 PM

Default Re: Hands I Present Thee, Three. Help ME.

Lets talk about hand 1.

I'm UTG+2, and my opponent seemed on the somewhat tight side. Lets just say I was making an effort to pay attention, and I was surprised by his cc of my raise. I believe he is a thinking player, although its hard to say this early, in a tourney that has lots of juicy satelliters in it.

One of the things that has been bothering me is in this situation, I whiff the flop. I put his range for CC'ing me to a pocket pair, or AQ and up. I suppose you could include some suited connectors. So, this flop was MUCH more likely to have improved his holdings than mine.

A week ago, I would have auto-pushed out a bet of T100 or so. But, I've been analyzing my game, especially in the party 150's, and it seems like I'm losing alot of $$ to missed flops OOP where I continuation bet, and get called. So, I just bet 1/10th my stack, and to the turn we go, where I miss one of my 6 outs. Now what?

I will agree that I should have bet the turn. Once he checked behind, I think betting out is reasonable.

I think the factors that made this a GOOD candidate for no continuation bet:

1. It would essentially have to be close to 1/10th my stack.
2. I'm OOP
3. Opponent CC'd my raise, and is fairly tight.

Thoughts?

Nick

p.s. I had enough by the third JJ hand, called the allin figuring that more times than not, I was going to be shown Ax (AJ or higher) and 77 through TT, many more times than QQ through AA. He has AK. I'm happy. Then unhappy.