View Single Post
Old 12-14-2005, 07:50 AM

Default Re: 3 intresting/misplayed hands

Hand 1: Pete hand one might be a slim c/c (easy much if MP overcalls for sho), but Ive been noticing more and more ppl taking shots or betting pairs when checked to on crazy boards like this. If I remember correctly though, the guy had 37o, no diamond
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hand 2. Looks like the majority doesnt lead here, and while in the hand I was pretty torn. Im either c/f or bet/folding, which could/would/probably be a waste of a bet. I really really dislike crap situations like this. Its easy to play, but I just hate the situation ("Hey welcome to poker buddy").

Still bet/folding is indeed a waste of a bet a good amount of the time. If I get called, I have no idea whats going to happen, besides figuring its time to put on the pokah hat (which usually entails folding the turn)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

yeah Hand 3. Sometimes Im in the middle of something else and dont really have my mind on the play at hand, so I just hit the call button which is soooooo bad. I mean, I didnt even notice that the guy was almost all in.

Anyway, as far as how big of a mistake, its way way bad if he has a set or K7/67. The other times if he has just a K, K6, 62, etc I have 5 outs (and possibly counterfit outs). If thats the case, and we count implied odds at 1.5bbs (remember Im still deluded at that point and forget hes almost stacked off), if I have 5 outs the mistake is like .05bb of a mistake. But obviously it could be worse that that.

BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUT.

This is almost always a clear turn fold (we against a good number of ppl). And his about to go all in makes it even worse, imo...it magnifies the mistake as I have no implied odds at all.

I need to stop auto-hitting buttons and just reacting to action w/o thinking. I play sooo much better when Im paying attention. (am I the only idiot that does this while playing, or is there a few out there with me)