View Single Post
Old 12-14-2005, 07:22 AM

Default Re: Quick Tax poll (not whether or not you\'re paying)

[ QUOTE ]
well if we have to report by day, who the heck keeps those records? You think they're going to fine you thousands of dollars cause you don't keep tracker "per day."

[/ QUOTE ]

I think its very possible. I think it's even possible (yet not anywhere near as likely) that you could have issues by keeping your records 'by day' as opposed to by table or something else more specific.

[ QUOTE ]
According to pokertracker I have 2,049 sessions the past 3 months, so times that by 4 and i'm suppose to write out 8,000 sessions, YEAH FREAKING RIGHT!

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe you are technically supposed to keep track of the sessions immediately after they occur as opposed to trying to figure it all out at the end of the year. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] But if you use PokerTracker you can just export your sessions (please note that what PT considers a session doesn't mean that's what the IRS considers one - but I'm sure its fine as it goes by a per table basis) to Excell and have a nice spread sheet printed out.

[ QUOTE ]
I'm paying according to neteller withdraws. Otherwise my tax return would be MONSTEROUS! I'm paying on 100% of what I make, I can't see how they can be too upset.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's why the law sucks. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

They will be upset because your AGI will be off and for most people during it your way will lower their tax burden. If you get caught the best case scenario is probably that you have to pay what you would have owed with interest. Worst case scenario is that they send you away for a few years (definatly very unlikey). Most likely they will want the money that you should have paid plus interest and fine you some amount in the thousands of dollars. None of this really matters if you never get audited but I'm going to guess that having a significant amount of gambling income, especially if it's reoccuring every year, increases the chance of said audit.