View Single Post
Old 12-14-2005, 06:51 AM

Default Re: Truly donking the nut flush

I think i already said it, but the reason i did not bet the turn is because the heart is such an obvious hit. There is about 1200 in the pot on the turn and i put him on JJ QQ KK AA. My plan was to check behind on the turn, and on some dud river, which is about 3/4 of the deck, he would likely lead out for 500 or so and i could pop that up and get a call because my hand is relatively disguised. If i am going to bet the turn, how much should i bet? also, why should i be raising on the river? I understand that i have a very powerful hand, but what hand that i beat will call even the minimum raise? the only hands that he can have that even could have hit this flush card are JJ with Jh or QQ with Qh. I dont think its a tough fold for him to letgo of the 3rd or 4th nut flush on a paired board here. Perhaps i was just tentative because we had over 200bbs in our stacks. I obviously wanted to show this hand down and if i make a value raise on the river, say raising his $400 lead to $1000 im giving him the chance to throw in the rest of his money and put me in a very tough spot. since i have the Ah and Kh, and we can eliminate KxKh from his range, i just dont think that there is a hand that i beat that calls a raise on this river.