Thread: KJo- OOP
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2005, 05:04 AM

Default Re: KJo- OOP

[ QUOTE ]
Sorry about that...laggy Co actually raised and button called. I hope the hand converter starts working again soon.

So the pot is about 8sb on the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]
Given this new information I would check the flop with the intention of raising to pressure out the MP1 guy. Given the larger size of this pot, it is now more important that you play your hand in such a way that increases your probabity of winning this pot.

Notice I advocated the bet/3 bet line in the small pot since in that situation you gain more value from getting more money in the pot with the best hand than you do from check raising and increasing your odds of winning the small pot.

In this raised pot situation I believe a checkraise will increase your chances of winning this pot more than the betting out strategy becuz, if you bet out the MP1 guy will be getting 9-1 to call, which means he will be apt to call with all kinds of hands especially since he is a bad player, and if the CO for some reason decides not to raise, then the Tag will be getting good odds to call also. So by betting out there is a higher chance that all 3 opponents will see a turn card which is not good for your holding even though you probably have the best hand. If you go for the checkraise,assuming the CO will always bet, no matter what happens you will still have a good chance of pressuring the MP1 guy out of the hand, even many bad players wont call with their weak draws once its 2sb's in front of them.