View Single Post
Old 12-14-2005, 03:11 AM

Default Re: hourly rate and what not

[ QUOTE ]
10-handed NL, I should have PFR > 5%? I'm really having trouble with raising this stuff.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't deside your action solely on the strength of your hand... compare it to the likely range of people who have already acted. If you have A9s on the button and the two limpers already in are 40/5, you have a monster compared to their hand range. Not raising here is a crime but many won't do it, because A9s is a marginal hand. You have position and most likely a better hand... your action should be clear. Actively look for spots like this where you have position and are ahead of limper's likely range.

[ QUOTE ]
If someone has >20k hands at SSNL, is winning, and has "the right numbers," I'd like to see your stats.

[/ QUOTE ]

I put in 33K hands at 25NL, almost always i was by far the tightest player at the table with 15/6/2.5. I think these are typical number for a tight aggressive player, maybe even on the low side of that range. Your aggression numbers are probably closer to optimal than mine.

Tight play is safe and will make you money. Loosening up (relatively speaking) can put you in more difficult situations, but will make you even more money and allow you to learn the game better.