View Single Post
Old 12-13-2005, 09:20 PM

Default Re: Where to restart?

Ok, thanks bones, tigerite, microbet. Initially I debated whether there was any point in making this post, but now I'm seriously glad I did. And please don't think that I think I'm "too good" for the $11s or anything. I just hadn't really had my clock cleaned moving up, until now. Oh yeah, and my job is incredibly boring and I'd really like to quit. I love what I do (internet dev) but this job is thr programming equivalent of taking out the trash every day. I really don't know why they hired me. Also I think discovering poker was going to make any job boring. So I'd like to quit, work contract gigs so I can have a more flexible schedule, and pursue poker as much as I can.

So anyway, here's the plan:

1. Seed the bankroll at $400.
2. Start playing the $27s (maybe the occasional 6x$35 for variety). If I run dry, start over at the $11s.
3. Don't move up until I have 20+ buyins, so $1200 until I can play the $60s again.
4. Adhere to #3, even if I get pissed at the poker gods, prove that I have the discipline.
5. Get pokertracker and pokerstove, try to dedicate an hour pre or post session to analysis, not just playing.
6. Post problem hands here.
7. Find a coach/mentor (already started this process w/johnnybeef). I did offer to pick up ZeeJustin's dry cleaning just to watch him play for a session, but apparently he's busy these days or something.
8. Work with study partner (started).
9. Switch to Party, get rakeback (I think I have a guy). I'm curious if the tables really are much softer than Stars.

Anything I'm missing on there? Again any thoughts, flames, etc. very much appreciated. I'll keep you posted on how my plan goes.

thx,
Matt