View Single Post
Old 12-13-2005, 07:41 PM

Default Re: Blind Battles: Hand #8

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
He loves taking hands to the showdown against you so he may or may not call down with ace high.

[/ QUOTE ]

I must have a fundamental misunderstanding of some kind. Because in this hand, and virtually every one of these blind battle posts (which I appreciate very much!), it looks like any attempt to make him fold fold a better hand must be -EV. You are in a position here in my opinion in which aggression can only hurt you. Unless you improve, I think you should just check and keep calling as long as you continue to think that is a better choice than folding. The way to exploit a player who "loves taking hands to the showdown against you" in an situation like this to play almost purely for value.

I would very much appreciate if someone could set me straight because I evidently need it. Can anyone enlighten me?

Thanks,
Cartman

[/ QUOTE ]

I have almost the same exact question. Is there a need to play such aggressively out of the SB? First off, against a tough player and a solid blind defender (who will defend everytime because its an obvious steal attempt and your raise gives him 3:1 to call) is it worth it to raise with a hand like A7?

Looking at the bigger picture, against such opponents, it is unrealistic to turn the SB vs BB situation into a profitable one right? Break even would be fine, I think. So why are we raising A7 if the BB will call everytime? Certainly not for value, because we aren't even a big favorite against random hands and we are in a tough postflop position, considering we will miss the board 2/3 of the time and we are oop.

I really don't feel the need to play so aggressively and spew chips pulling fancy moves like these.

These are just my thoughts, and of course, I play nowhere near the limits a lot of you play, so go ahead and tell me if my thinking is flawed.