Thread: betting rhythms
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2005, 07:39 PM

Default Re: betting rhythms

[ QUOTE ]
I think one reason u call this rythm "psycological" is because u dont have time to think it through when u play. If u had time to think it through it would be same logic as in other decisions

[/ QUOTE ]

This is actually part of what I had in mind. With the speed of online play, I believe people (even good players) are occasionally susceptible of reacting reflexively. And by "reflexively" I don't just mean that they take a "standard" line due to multitabling, but that they occasionally allow other factors trump a strict consideration of the odds and hand reading.

In some thread today (perhaps one of Krishan's), there was a debate about what hands the villain might have to reraise the river. And while the analysis was all good and appropriate, it just occurred to me that perhaps the villain - though a good player reportedly - had just got carried away, almost by the momentum of the betting and by a decision he made on a prior street.

Maybe these times of observations can't really be discussed here since it is so much of a "feel" thing, but I think they need to be made at the tables.