View Single Post
Old 12-13-2005, 06:09 PM

Default Re: Capping as an Escape Route

I think I do have an equity edge here but I am guilty of not thinking through what is likely post-flop.

Scotch78 made an interesting comment about each player requiring opposite strategies, while not necessarily true it is an important consideration. I do know that getting involved with a LAG and a calling station can be very profitable and my position on this table was perfect for this.

K9s...meh. PokerStove shows K9s against 2 random hands (and we are close to this here) has 42% equity. Even making some adjustments for removing the trashy offsuit hands for LAG and Fish, we are still looking at 40+ EV. This is quite substantial and I have perfect position to boot. Given such a profitable situation K9s is a good raise IMO, I have no reason to fear domination.

This hand is all post-flop. I agree with many who have commented that LAG's play is indicative of a big hand, although I cannot discount a pair plus draw. The twitchy bit is fish leading out the Flop; this counts against the chances he will fold to a cap but it may give me a free card should the Turn be a [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] as LAG will want to trap and fish may be too passive to cope.

Quite some difference of opinion though regarding flop strategy.