Old 12-13-2005, 05:49 PM

Default Original BB > BB 2000

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Blues Brothers 2000

what were they thinking?

[/ QUOTE ]

Good call. I always knew John Goodman wished he was a real Blues Brother. He probably laid awake at night, just dreaming of being John Belushi. I can't believe Dan Aykroyd indulged him. The movie was crap (although I had a feeling any car could go underwater with Elwood behind the wheel.)

ScottieK

[/ QUOTE ]

Like the first movie, Blues Brothers 2000 is really just a great excuse to get a bunch of great Blues and R+B artists together for some music. It's a crappy movie, but the performances are what you're there for.

Even the first one wasn't particularly funny. Some giggles and smirks, but not too many belly laughs. Great performances though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Heresy! The original Blues Brothers was way way way better. Funny as hell. May be one of my top five comedies. The scene in Chez Paul - "sell me your children!" The car chase through the mall. The car chase at the end. The Nazis. Reverend Cleophus. Ray Charles shooting at a kid. Bob's Country Bunker. And Carrie Fisher sporting a blowtorch, rocket launcher, and an M-16. Hilarious. The second one was rehashed and flat...no comparison.

ScottieK