View Single Post
Old 12-13-2005, 05:22 PM

Default Re: Checking and Calling my way to millions

[ QUOTE ]
you think schneids would check call this river with TT or JJ? you think the opponent thinks schneids will call this river with TT or JJ?

[/ QUOTE ]

Perhaps not, but in which case his opponent should be playing 66 the exact same way.

I'm not saying you should always call the river w/ JJ here, but given that you have much better than JJ here, you can now beat Ax, KJ, and a 'good hand-reader's' bluff against what he likely perceives to be JJ or TT.

Also, a couple of other points:

1. This looks very much like a classic way behind or way ahead situation in which a check-call strategy works best since it maximizes your win when ahead, and minimizes your loss when behind. Check call does not mean check fold, because there is a decent chance you are ahead.

2. Your pre-flop play should be coordinated with post-flop play. If you're going to reraise OOP with AT, and don't go to showdown when you hit an A, playing in a semi-short game, then you shouldn't have reraise to begin with. It's not like the board is showing a four liner or four flush.

3. I don't like the metagame image of a fold here, especially since you have a hand that will be good more than 15% of the time, given his most likely read on you. Because he will now in the future be betting his 66 here when you do have JJ.