View Single Post
Old 12-13-2005, 04:42 PM

Default Re: DON\'T KILL TOOKIE

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
On the one hand, executing him feeds your animalistic feelings of vengeance, feelings that (1) not everyone in society shares, (2) do nothing to affect society in a meaningful manner, and (3) likely will subside over time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Vengeance is the only reason I need. And guess what, a majority of people in this country agree with capital punishment. They may have different reasons for agreeing with it but that is mine. You can call it stupid if it makes you feel better. My feeling for vengeance would not subside over time if it was my loved one that was murdered.
Not until the scumbag was executed. Too bad you don't understand this but thankfully I am in the majority on this one.

[/ QUOTE ]

Vengence has no palce in the legal system. Niss is 100% correct when he says that criminal punishment should benefit society. It is about justice, not revenge for the family.

While your opinion is stupid I will not merely say so. Your opinion is flat out wrong. The government should not be givin the power to kill its own citizens because 30 people are really pissed off at one guy. Vengence is a childish motive and is not one for the modern world.

Punishment is not about getting even, its about helping society. An eye for an eye leaves everyone blind.